Lately, I have been getting into a rut with our family eating habits. We seem to eat the same things for dinner over and over. I decided last week to make a change. So I pulled out a recent copy of the Simple and Delicious magazine, found a few recipes that looked good, and went to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients I didn't already have. Here are the stuffed green peppers we tried Tuesday night. They tasted awesome! And they only took about 30 minutes to make.

Now, what to cook next.....
5 comments:
That looks and smells really good. Can you please share the recipe?
We used to eat those all the time at home! Thanks for the reminder that variety is good... now, if only Family Camp would start...
mmmm... Stuffed pepper yumminess.
Here is the recipe for those who want it. Very Easy!
4 green bell peppers (cored and seeded)
¼ c water
1 cup brown uncooked minute rice (can use white rice or orzo pasta)
1 lb ground beef
½ c onion
1 cup California blend frozen vegetables (cooked according to package directions)
½ c parmesan cheese (divided)
2 cups spaghetti sauce
Cook rice according to package directions. While that is cooking, put water in 8 by 8 glass square baking dish. Place green peppers into the dish hole side up. Cook on high in microwave for 8-10 minutes until crisp tender. While that is cooking, brown beef with onion until beef is no longer pink. Add to beef, the rice, vegetables, ¼ c parmesan, and spaghetti sauce. Spoon into green peppers. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Put back in microwave for 2 more minutes to melt cheese. Eat!!
Mmm...I like stuffed green peppers. OK, add it to this week's menu! Thanks, Trenna!
Post a Comment