Last night, we put DJ in the 'big-boy' bed for bedtime and closed the door. (Luckily, he does not know how to open the door yet.) He freaked out a little bit, but quieted quickly. After a little while, I went in to check on him. He was sleeping right behind the door on the floor! After carefully opening the door without waking him, I moved him to the bed. Tonight, I put him to sleep on the bed. When I went to check on him this is what I found...

Wahoo, he fell asleep on the bed!! You can tell he is related to both his parents, because he is reading a book in bed. I do need some advice. Last night, he fell off the bed twice. We put him back to bed and he fell back asleep quickly. For all the mom's out there, is there any advice you can give me to fix him falling off the bed? Are there any side blockers that you have used and loved that have helped? Any advice would be great!
3 comments:
Trenna I haven't used them but you can buy rails that connect to the bed but are bout a foot high. I would try and look at Babies-r-us see what they have. Janalee
Mine is a mesh siding so it is soft and it folds down when you need to make the bed. I bought it when Jackson was a baby so you will have to look and see if they still make them. It was made by Fisher Price but it worked great for my kids.
The mesh siding thing is a great idea- we have some of those here at AG for guests to use and they seem to work pretty well. We actually bought bunkbeds when we moved Aspen to a regular bed, and the top one comes with a side railing. So it was kind of like a crib for Aspen- just a bigger bed, with a lower railing since it was only about a foot high. We took it off after a few months because she didn't need it anymore. She has only fallen out of bed once. Also, she loves her bigger bed and had no problems transitioning from the crib. Of course, she does get out of bed occasionally, which we didn't have to worry about with the crib. Oh well- as long as DJ still can't open his door yet you're ok, right? :)
Post a Comment