5 years ago
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Sick Day at our House
Now I know from the title that everyone is probably thinking that DJ is sick again. But, that is not the case. It was me. I went home from work at noon on Monday not feeling very well. Thinking I just needed to sleep it off, I fell asleep for three hours. I woke up worse than ever. I had pressure pushing me head from all directions. I had a very runny nose. I had a cough. I was throwing up most everything I ate. And when I checked my temperature I was at 99.8. Usually I am below average at about 97, so this is rather alarming. Also, I had the feeling that I was getting an ear infection. I decided to suffer through the night, and if I still felt crappy in the morning then I would go to the doctor. Needless to say, I slept very little that night and felt worse in the morning. So, to the doctor I went. The first thing the nurse said to me was, "Aren't you DJ's mom?" Now, it is one thing to be recognized when you have your son with you. I also don't mind being recognized when I am having a good hair day. But, to be recognized when you have just rolled out of bed, not caring what your hair looks like, or what you are wearing, or even if one shoe matches the other (I really think they did, but I can't be positive), this is when you don't want to run into anyone. Well, the good news is I don't have an ear infection. The bad news is that I have a sinus infection (which explains the pressure), post-nasal drip (which explains the throwing up), and a bad cough. So I headed home with my arms loaded with prescriptions. I headed right to my bed where I just laid there and slept and caught up on tv shows all day long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry. Sinus infections suck. The good thing is that once you start the antibiotic they start to drain. It is amazing how it can wipe you out. Hope you feel better.
look on the bright side - at least DJ is alright
-faith
Post a Comment