Monday, April 14, 2008

A Sure Sign of Spring

This weekend was definitely spring here. The weather was beautiful. After putting DJ down for a nap, I decided I couldn't stay inside any longer. I went to the back porch and sat in one of the chairs with my feet on another one and hunkered down to read a Mary Higgins Clark book. Now, once I start reading Mary Higgins Clark, I cannot put the book down. Not only do I want to know who did it, I want to know how and why. Also, at the end of every chapter, she gives you just enough info to whet your appetite, but not enough to let you know the whole story. (Just so everyone knows, I did check on DJ a few times. Luckily, he took a really long nap). Since DJ was sleeping, I didn't feel guilty about reading and reading and reading. I was about two-thirds through the book when DJ woke up. I brought him outside to enjoy the warm weather. He did not like the trampoline so much unless I was holding him then he loved it. Then, he found Aunt Tami's sport court with her bucket of balls. He was having so much fun throwing and chasing all kinds of balls around, that I went back to my chair to continue reading. That night, I paid for my long day in the sun. As many of you know, I am pretty fair-skinned. My fair-skin, unfortunately, has not seen the sun in a very, very, very long time. So, I went from no sun to lots of sun in one day. Now, I have the sunburn to prove it. A sunburn is definitely a sign of spring at our house.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Wheres the picture of the sunburn?

Trenna said...

I decided it would be better to not have that on any sort of permanant record.