Sunday, September 28, 2008

Peaches, Peaches, Everywhere

One of my favorite things about fall is that it is peach season. I LOVE peaches. I love canning them. I love eating them. I love having them in my food storage to eat when it is not fall. I love that they are easy to can. So I made the long trek up to Tami's house to can my box of peaches. Unfortunately, her helpers were at play practice. So Tami and I had to do all three batches by ourselves. (Actually, the girls got home in time to help with the cutting and peeling of the last batch and to eat the yummy peach pie Tami made.)
Here is our work in progress.

Two of the batches finished, one to go.

Thanks, Tami, for letting me use your canner and staying up to get the last batch out of the water bath so I could go home and go to bed.

One funny story that happened that night that I have to share is from the mouth of Tami's son Eli. Eli and Mike, Tami's husband, came home from running errands while Tami and I were elbow deep in peach juice. Eli came in and announced that Mike could not help us because they were going down to play Zelda together. After declaring that Mike couldn't help over and over, he got close enough to see what we were doing (stirring sugar in hot water). Eli said, "That is my favorite thing to do, can I help??" We all laughed at that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! I'm proud of you for bottling all of those peaches. I never knew you liked to do that.

Marian said...

hey trenna,

I found your blog From Linda's. Hope you don't mind. Your peaches look great. i used to do alot of canning. But I don't have much ambition these days. Good for you ! Marian

Unknown said...

I love peaches too!!!! I wish we were able to can those! ohwell maybe next year! DJ is getting so big! How are you feeling? We miss you guys!