Today, DJ got his second set of tubes in his ears. Now, I think surgery is harder on the moms than on the kids. You come in, change the child into their hospital clothes, sign a few forms, and then the nurse takes him kicking and screaming from the room. Then I have to sit and stew. It is hard to do anything while waiting except for wonder, How is he doing?, Did he settle down?, Is the surgery going well? After stewing for awhile, the doctor finally came in and told me that he did great. She cleaned out a bunch of gunk behind his ear drums, put the eartubes in, and removed his adenoids. The only downside is that he did not pass his hearing test. We will figure out more about that in the next few weeks. Tomorrow is our follow up appointment, hopefully everything will be well. I thought it would be fun to see the difference between his two sets of tubes.
Here is a picture of him from his first set of tubes in April of 2007.

Here he is today.

He had a harder time today after surgery, than he did last time. I think now that he is older, he is understanding more. Hopefully, this is the last time.
4 comments:
What a trooper. Hopefully it will help with the ear infections. Good luck on the hearing test today!
Of course he has his chewing cow or sucking cow or whatever Grace and Faith call it. Jon will know what i
am talking about.
Kaylee
I should point out that both boy and dad slept most of that afternoon. It wasn't really a fun day in the Anderson home at all.
Madi hasn't passed her hearing tests lately either. We may be looking into the tube option here in the near future. So I'll be calling you guys for tips, if that happens :) Hope DJ is feeling better.
We're excited to see you up here this summer!
Post a Comment