Monday, December 17, 2007

MRI findings

DJ had an MRI on Saturday to make sure that nothing is growing that shoudn't be. It is interesting being at the hospital on a Saturday. There were hardly any personnel there. The few that were there gave us a lot more attention. DJ did great. He came out of the anesthesia wonderfully. Afterwards, we went to Aunt Tami's house. DJ, still feeling the side effects of the anesthesia, got really frustrated because he couldn't walk or even sit up without falling over. After a long nap, he did a lot better.
I just got off the phone with the doctor with the results. He said that there is no evidence of hydrocephalus and the Chiari malformation has not grown at all. (Both things I am very thankful for!!) But, the syrinx (which is a fluid filled cavity in the spinal cord) is growing. Originally, the doctor thought we could wait a year before having another MRI. Now, he thinks we should have one in about 6 months. Thank you to everyone for the prayers on our behalf. Thay have helped us immensely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to hear good news. I hope he continues to do well.

Kim and Jim said...

I hope everything continues to go well! That little guy has been through a lot, as have you and Jon as well. Take care, we love you!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hang in there little buddy. Gpa and Gma Marshall love and miss you.